No Optical Drive. The processor, graphics, all-flash architecture, memory, and display in the 15‑inch MacBook Pro give you unprecedented mobile video editing capabilities. Super-responsive flash storage delivers up to 16 streams of 1080p ProRes content for multicam editing in Final Cut Pro X, while the quad-core processors on the 15‑inch MacBook Pro decode multiple streams of video, and a powerful GPU renders millions of pixels onto the screen. You can even play 10 streams of 1080p ProRes picture-in-picture video, right from the internal storage on your 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display. *** Having four times the pixels of a standard display makes video so sharp, so clear, and so lifelike, your shots may look even better than you remember. And it changes how you edit on a notebook because you can view your video on the 15-inch MacBook Pro in pixel-accurate 1080p HD and see your editing workspace onscreen at the same time. And when you're applying graphics-intensive effects in Final Cut Pro X like optical flow-based slow motion and full-resolution 3D titles, you'll appreciate having a powerful AMD GPU at your disposal. *** With over 5 million pixels on the 15‑inch model, the Retina display is the perfect place to view and edit your high-resolution photos. Dot for dot, more of your image can fit on the screen - which makes editing photos far more precise. And all those pixels let you see fine details like never before. In fact, the Retina display is so sharp, you can tell which photos are in focus just by looking at the thumbnails. With two ultrafast Thunderbolt 2 ports, two USB 3 ports, and an SDXC card slot, you can build an entire photo studio. Or take it with you and import thousands of RAW images on location. Once your photos are on your computer, editing is faster and more responsive than on any notebook we've ever built. And fast PCIe-based flash storage lets you quickly browse large image libraries from internal storage.
- 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache
- 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L memory, 1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage, Bluetooth 4.0/ 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Retina display: 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors, Up to 9 hours wireless web
- Intel Iris Pro and AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching, two Thunderbolt 2 ports, two USB 3 ports, an HDMI port, an SDXC card slot
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities, 720p FaceTime HD camera, Latest Mac OS X